1. Give your HVAC system a break and turn it off! Living in Florida affords us that luxury in the wintertime. Since it doesn’t get too cold and we only have a few months of perfect weather, why not enjoy it by opening all the windows and letting the cool air in.
2. Open the blinds and curtains in your home and let the sunshine heat your home during the daytime.
3. Change the direction on your ceiling fan to spin clockwise and set it on low; this will help circulate warm air around your home.
4. Don’t be alarmed the first time you turn on the heat in your home if you smell a strange burning smell. This is normal and is most likely the dust burning off of the heating coils and should only last about 10-30 minutes.
5. Get an annual AC tune up from Grande Aire Services to ensure that all components of your air conditioning system are in proper working order.
If you have any questions about your HVAC system in Boca Grande or Sarasota don’t hesitate to give us a call at 941-964-1142.